[mbv vid=”3884681543001″] [/mbv]
This dramatic image shows a blazing van which erupted into a ball of flames – caused by an e-cigarette left on charge.
The Ford Transit van was completely destroyed by the fire after an electronic cigarette left to charge exploded and caused nearby paperwork to catch fire.
The first happened on the driveway of a house in Herringthorpe, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, at around 11am on November 7.
Fire officers are now warning about dangers posed by electronic cigarettes, on the day the first UK TV advert featuring one of the devices airs.
The van was completely destroyed in the fire (Picture: Ross Parry)
E-cigarettes are commonly charged via a computer USB port or via vehicle charge ports.
Fire investigators think fires commonly start because the e-cigarette is left to charge too long, they are charged on or close to soft furnishings, or because the charger itself is faulty.
Head of community safety at South Yorkshire Fire, Kevin Ronan, said:…
View original post 187 more words